Staff Conference is the highest collegial organ of public self-government of Donetsk National University of Economics and Trade named after Mykhailo Tugan-Baranovsky which carries out its activities according to the Higher Education Act of Ukraine №1556-VIII of 1 July 2014 and the Statute on Staff Conference.
Basic goals and functions of Staff Conference are:
- approval for the Statute of University or alternations (supplements) to it upon the recommendation of the Academic Board;
- hearing of the annual report of Rector of the University and assessment of his/her performance;
- returning the labour disputes commission in accordance with the labour and employment law;
- review of whether to suspend Rector of University on parole upon the well-pleaded recommendation of the Supervisory or Academic Board;
- adoption of internal regulations of the university and collective agreement, and alternations to them;
- examination of other university activities issues.